Fiber optic patch cords are used to make jumpers from equipment to optical fiber cabling links. There is a thicker protective layer, which is generally used in the connection between the optical transceiver and the terminal box, and is used in some fields such as optical fiber communication systems, optical fiber access networks, optical fiber data transmission, and local area networks.
Then the characteristics of the fiber optic patch cord provided by fiber optic patch cord manufacturers and how to check whether the fiber optic patch cord is qualified? What should I pay attention to when using it? Let's take a look together.
1. Low insertion loss;
2. Good repeatability;
3. Large return loss;
4. Good mutual insertion performance;
5. Good temperature stability;
6. Strong tensile performance.
Structured cabling manufacturers use the insertion loss tester to test whether the fiber patch cord is light or not with a light pen, and the fiber is sure to be unbroken. The measured target is a common carrier-grade target. The insertion consumption is less than 0.3dB, and the echo consumption is greater than 45dB.
The function test of optical fiber patch cord is divided into as follows.
1. Optical function test, including return loss/insertion loss test. The test instrument can use FibKey7602 return loss/insertion loss integrated tester.
2. How much shape of the end face is tested, the parameters of the test include radius of curvature, pole offset, fiber height, etc. The test instrument is dry and instrument, many people use NorlandAC/NC3000 or CC6000 to stop the test. Particularly, because of the superior cost performance of CC6000 dry and instrument, more and more factories use this instrument.
3. To detect the scratches on the end face of the optical fiber, use the video optical fiber magnifying glass to stop the investigation. The instrument can give the clearest image and the operation is extremely simple.
4. Optical fiber tensile test, which needs to test the tensile force that the optical fiber connector can accept.
5. Condition temperature test, it is necessary to test the functional target of the optical fiber connector in the different condition temperature environment
Do not wind and loop the optical fiber excessively in the use, as this will increase the attenuation of the light in the transmission process. After the fiber patch cord is used, a protective sleeve must be used to protect the fiber. Dust and oil will damage the coupling of the fiber.
If the optical fiber is dirty, it can be cleaned with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol, otherwise it will affect the communication quality.
1. Before use, the ceramic ferrule and the end face of the fiber patch cord must be wiped clean with alcohol and absorbent cotton.
2. The minimum bending radius of the time line is less than 150mm.
3. Protect the ferrule and the end face of the ferrule to avoid bruising and purification. Wear a dust cap immediately after disassembly.
4. Do not look directly at the end face of the optical fiber while the laser signal is being transmitted.
5. The damaged fiber optic patch cord should be replaced when the non-component damage of the remuneration level is found.
If interested, welecome to contact Copperled Technology Co.,Ltd. (Tel: 0755-27896171)